Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Book Bloggin'

Hello Children's Lit class. Welcome! I'm excited to jump into the imaginative world of children's books. I've read several of the books on our reading list but not since I've stopped frequenting the children's section of libraries and bookstores.

I'm wondering what I thought of the books back then when I read them for the first time. I've been flipping though Pipi Longstocking and I'm shocked that I wasn't as pumped about the story as I am now. I love her imagination and her quirkiness. I love how she can beat up police officers. But I can't remember feeling that sort of satisfaction from the book when I read it as a kid.

I think my favorite children's books used to be the Babysitters Club books. I found something exciting about visiting a world where older girls dealt with things like boys, school, friendships, their parents, and their babysitting jobs. I couldn't wait to be a big girl. I never got into babysitting though and my hunger for books about things that I was still too young to experience stayed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment